Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Friday, June 3, 2016

June 3. -- Joys of Relationships -- Toronto, Canada

Good Morning Friends, I awoke rested a few minutes ago.  I rinsed my face, combed my hairs, picked up my iPad and came down to the basement where the coffee maker resides.  I do look forward to these morning times with you and Holy Spirit.  My host family are all still asleep.  Yesterday when none of them were aware I snuck in an afternoon nap.  Ahhh yes, that was delicious, too.  

Yesterday was a rich day.  Just after my coffee time with you, Abby and Jayden, came down to see me before they walked to school.  It truly makes a grandfather feel special when the children remember and love him.  As Mom was about to turn Jayden over to the care of his teacher, he requested, "Mom, can Stuart come and pick me up after school?" His teacher reported to Mom that his whole class had known since last week that somebody special was coming to visit.  Boys can sure make a person feel special !  Sometimes I grieve.  I do not always convey to others the excitement of Jesus as well as Jayden shared his excitement about me with his class at school.  

Abby, Jaden's sister, is a brilliant and beautiful petite red-head.  She communicates so much grace and love with a simple smile that it makes a grandpa's heart pause.  As we were chatting in a small group last evening we were talking about the reality that we the children of God communicate who and what we are by our actions.  The people who observe us know we follow Jesus not by what we say but by our love.

I have been impressed by the ethnic diversity of the people of the area around Toronto.  I sometimes feel like I am meeting more people from somewhere else than people born in Canada.  Obviously, the feeling is not factually true.  But Toronto embodies the tremendous strength of a melting-pot community where people from all around the world bring the strengths of their cultures.  Do you ever wonder why so much of churchianity is divided by our ethnic backgrounds instead of allowing our lives to be strengthened and enriched by our diversity united in love with Jesus ?  The people in the community of believers I am with here in Toronto have been enriched deeply by their love for one another.

One of the great joys of traveling as I do is the multiple times each day that I am permitted to speak words of affirmation into the lives of the saints of God.  Do not miss out on the joy of speaking Holy Spirit's words of encouragement into someones life today.

His, thus Yours,
   Stuart


1 comments:

Shannon Dee Bailey said...

I could use some words of affirmation myself today. :-)

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.