Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Thursday, June 2, 2016

June 2 -- Small Plane, Big Airport, Great Friends -- Toronto, Canada

Good Morning, my friends Pierre and Melanie here in Toronto, Ontario have a marvelous coffee maker that makes my first cup of coffee very easy to find.  I did succeed in packing my bags and getting to the airport yesterday.  Ironically, the same airline that urges us to arrive 3 hours before an international flight does not open their check in counter until 2 hours before the flight.  Games on ones phone are very useful.  The flight itself was uneventful except that the small commuter jet had seats that were only wide enough for a 4 year old and seat belts too short for a pregnant old man.

The Toronto airport, however, offers a built in physical fitness program.  The walk from the regional jet arrival area to the immigration and customs area was at least a half mile with multiple sets of stairs to change from one level to another.  Moreover, when it was built the corridors were built too narrow to accommodate the electric "golf carts" that are common in airports to move old passengers from one area to another.  Praise God that I had found time to walk my daughter's dog several times recently.

Once through customs, I met up with my wonderful friend James.  He drove through the early rush hour traffic to his home where I had a bit of time to play and talk with sons Seth and Joel while his wife, Leigh, finished preparing a lovely dinner.  After dinner we enjoyed some lovely conversation on wide ranging topics from Kingdom finances, to conquering anger by receiving love, to the sad reality that most of churchianity is struggling to cope by the power of their souls (intellectual and emotional) but they have almost no awareness of the real power of  the Spirit of God within them.

About 9:30, James brought me here to Pierre and Melanie where brief conversation lead up to a very welcome bedtime.  A great night of sleep plus this first cup of coffee and I am feeling great and ready to GO !

His, thus Yours,
   Stuart

3 comments:

Jamie said...

If Papa so leads you, I would love to see more on "conquering anger by receiving love" anger and how to deal with it has been a hot topic in my home as of late with our eldest. Something I have been speaking to him is, "anger is not power" but I confess I have not considered that receiving love would conquer anger. It is not enough to try and turn from the anger, he must be given the tools to overcome it. Praying for you as you travel!

Unknown said...

So good to have you back can't wait to see you!

Shannon Dee Bailey said...

Glad your enjoying yourself

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.