Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 23 -- Uncertainty and Learning to Love -- On a Train London to Bristol

Good Afternoon (in UK time) Mariusz and I are on the train and it has just left London's Paddington Station.  We are about 1 1/2 hours from Bristol- Temple Mead station.  Yesterday was a very pleasant day.  Only a little bit of sprinkling rain.  It was fun to start to build a bit of friendship with the local barber.  He and his wife both work to operate their new barber shop.  They are both from Poland.  The wife grew up close to Mariusz's home town.  It will be fascinating to see what Holy Spirit does with this relationship.  

Our schedule has been one filled with nearly constant change.  I have been remembering my friend Totila.  Sitting in a coffee shop in Abeline, Texas, years ago, he turned to me and said, "Learn to be comfortable in the midst of uncertainty."  I knew at the time it was the word of the Lord to me.  I am beginning to grasp on a much deeper level. This is the word of the Lord to the whole Body of Christ. 

Our point of certainty is in our intimate relationship with Jesus.  Those things Jesus has spoken are more certain than tomorrow's sunrise.  Indeed more certain than my next breath.  It is here one finds security and stability.  Security is not in the predictability of future events.  Security is in knowing the one who controls all events.  

We spent last evening chatting with Andrze.  Three other folks had been invited.  But none of them came.  But Jesus came and we had a wonderful and fun time.  One of the subjects of our discussions related to a fundamental skill for functioning in the Body of Christ -- connecting to one another safely.  In the course of that we watched a 20 minute TED Talk on You Tube.  I recommend this one to you.  It is not Christian or religious but it gives some very valuable information for saints to understand.  Here is a link:  https://youtu.be/iCvmsMzlF7o

His, thus Yours, 
  Stuart

2 comments:

Bill Rinderknecht said...

"I am enough." There is so much to like about the talk you linked...vulnerability is most difficult, but because of Jesus' example and the unction and ability granted by Holy Spirit, I can be vulnerable and invite others into the same "room" (environment). And yes, I'm learning "to be comfortable in the midst of uncertainty." One thing IS certain: God is good and He loves me!

Shannon Dee Bailey said...

Watched the video. I am enough! Good stuff. Thanks. :-)

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.