Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Most Important Decision of Your Life

Here is the fundamental question with which we each must wrestle to a real conclusion:

Does Jesus have the final authority over all our decisions ?

Father God has undertaken to prove to you His love for you.
The Holy Spirit has been speaking with you on a regular basis.
But, the crucial question is whether Jesus is Lord or not.
He has proven himself to be the one who loves and forgives.
He has proven himself to be your provider.
He has healed your body such that despite the destructive stresses you have put on it you are able to function.

The essence of Lordship, however, requires that the final authority for each decision become vested in The Lord in response to His proven love.
If up to this point in your life you have reserved the right to say no to anything He may ask of you then He is not really your Lord.
Of course, having been given the power of self control, we all have the ability to take any given decision back to ourselves 
But, the implication of our saying "Jesus is my Lord" is that we have on a continuing basis given up that right our ability not withstanding.
We are saying to him, “Jesus, I trust you so much that whatever you ask of me I will do it.”

Do we occasionally fail Him? Of course.
But, our basic committment remains and gradually our steadfastness developes.

Your growth into the fullness of all that His love would provide for you requires that you allow Him to be Lord with absolutely final authority over all your decisions.  It requires giving up your right to live a self centered life.

All of creation is waiting with anticipation for you to decide.

His, thus Yours,
Stuart

1 comments:

Shannon Dee Bailey said...

Yes I can openly say....indeed Jesus has the final authority over all of my decisions. My personal commitment to Father remains steadfastly fixed on hearing his voice and being obedient regardless of many voice around me who would try to interpret and reword what Father is saying to me. The truth remains that His sheep hear His voice and the voice of another they will not follow. I follow Him. I've said to God for as far back as I can remember. Lord whatever you have for me I want it. Where ever you want to send me I will go. Whatever you want me to do I will do. Whatever you want me to say I will say. Take my hands and heal through me. Take my mouth and speak through me. Take my mind and think through me. Take my feet and go through me. Take my eyes and see through me. Whatever you want to do in the earth Lord, do it through me. I give you every ounce of my being and say here am I Lord. All that I am Lord I give to you. Have your way in me, through me and in spite of me :-) And the craziest things is this Stu....I've found life is so much easier and light when I just allow him to be Lord of my life :-) I am content, peaceful and full in the journey :-) Father is AWESOME! He loves me. He is faithful. I can trust him. He is patient and kind and gentle. Who wouldn't want to allow someone who loves you so completely be Lord. Perhaps I am just weird. But for me it's as natural as breathing :-)

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.