Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

August 28 -- Sounds of the City -- Lomé

Good Morning, it is a beautiful Sunday morning in Lomé.  As we sit in the hotel dining room we are reminded that last evening as we were sitting here the islamic calls to prayer were echoing annoyingly through the neighborhood.  This morning it is the churchianity drumming, singing and shouting that assaults our ears.  We have had a pleasant breakfast.  At lunch time one of our friends will come and join us.  It will be such a joy to hear what Holy Spirit will speak to us through him and to him through us.  It is such fun to watch the transforming grace of the Lord working in us and through us.  Here some people hunger and thirst to know Jesus better.

From time to time I hear people talking about what they will have to offer to Jesus when they stand before His throne.  I hear them talk a bit about their accomplishments that they will be able to show and receive the reward of the Lord.  I find myself realizing that I will simply have nothing to offer.  I just hope I have enough presence of mind to speak the truth.  "Jesus, I do not deserve to be here.  If you do not extend your grace once again, I have no hope.  You already know of every good thing people say I did because you were the one who did them.  I simply ask you for grace that I might be close to you."

Lord, I am blind.  I am so blind I do not even know what I am missing.  If you do not heal my blindness I have no hope. Please heal me.

His, thus Yours,
 Stuart

Matthew 7: 15 - 23  (NASB) 
Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits.
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from ME, you who practice lawlessness.’

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those words, "Do you know Him?" Have been echoing in my head every day lately. Your thoughts help me understand why.

Anne Marie Synnott said...

I was thinking this morning about Jesus' words "You didn't know Me." His use of the word "know" was not just a simple "Oh yeah, that Jesus guy. He lives on the corner in the brown house. You know, that one with the big tree out front." His use of the word "know" dealt with deep intimacy, like how a husband and wife "know" each other. That is the kind of relationship I want to have with Jesus.

Anne Marie

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.