Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August 17 -- Leaving on a Jet Plane -- Kraków Airport

Good Evening, today and yesterday seem to have come and gone in a rush.  We had some fantastic times sharing hope and encouragement with Saints in Kraków.  We also packed and replaced and sorted and bought missing items to get ready for Africa.  We got a SIM card for a very simple old cell phone so I can communicate a little and so I could be sure about things working when I get to Africa. And perhaps most important, Mariusz and I took some time for ourselves and some time to rehearse with each other the awesome things we have seen God do while we have been together.

At this moment I am sitting in the airport in Kraków waiting for the first of 3 flights that will take me from Kraków to Frankfurt, Germany; to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; to Lome, Togo.  Ken Wingrove and I will meet up in Frankfurt and fly the other 2 flights together (if all goes according to plan).  Again many Thanks to Gretchen the travel agent who loves Jesus.

The Africa portion of this adventure has been shortened and simplified.  We will spend about 2 weeks in Togo and then 2 weeks in Benin.  We will leave Africa on September 15 and arrive on September 16.  Ken arrives at his home in Amarillo, Texas and I arrive in London, England.

A heads-up to all:  Electronic communications in Africa are sporadic and dubious at the very best of times.  So neither Ken nor I are foolish enough to make promises about how often you will hear from us while we are on that Continent.  We will communicate when the Lord leads and gives us internet access. 

As always, your prayers and blessings are deeply appreciated.

On days, like yesterday, when I do not for whatever reason write a blog entry, I encourage you to go back to some of the earlier entries and chew on them a little to see what you have missed.  In case you did not notice, in that right column of the blog page you can find a link to every page that is available on the blog.  Fascination is only a click or two away.

I pray that the Lord Jesus will personally bless each of you this week with a deeper revelation of the intimate relationship He desires with you.

His, thus Yours,
  Stuart

3 comments:

Carl J. Fielstra, J.D. said...

Godspeed, my friend, as you feed and are fed through the Saints in Africa.

Gretchen Jameson-Wilcox said...

Safe travels, my friend Stuart. As always, I thank you for your kind words. I am blessed with the opportunity to support you in your mission. I am here for you, should you need me. Sending prayers. Blessings, Gretchen

Jamie Jo said...

Praying for safe travels for you both.

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.