Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July 12 -- Adventure -- Budapest, Hungary to Vienna, Austria

A dear old friend of mine who has gone home to be with Jesus said something I often remember:  "This Christian Life, it is sometimes terrifying, but never boring !"  Well, I have never experienced it as terrifying.  The Comforter is full time on the job helping me remain at peace.  But, I surely can agree that this life is never boring.

Mariusz and I are continuously being amazed as Holy Spirit changes our plan.  When this trip started, we thought perhaps in August, just before I go to Africa, we might go south into Hungary and Austria.  Last week when we were in Zakopane, Holy Spirit spoke to each of us separately saying that we should make that trip south just after we returned from Zakopane to Kraków.  When I hesitantly broached the subject to Mariusz, he instantly agreed because he had been hearing the exact same thing.  When we talked about our plan with Marek, he said he would come with us.  And, Marek independently came up with the same order of the cities we would travel to that Holy Spirit had given to Mariusz and I.  The clarity of our instructions and the multiple ways in which Holy Spirit confirmed them made it easy to make the changes needed in our plans.  We keep learning on whole new levels that the mind of man plans his way but the steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord.

I am now sitting on a bus riding from Budapest to Vienna, Austria.  My seat mate for this trip is a beautiful young woman from Barcelona, Spain.  She is 11 years old and plays rugby as her sport.  She is traveling on vacation with her family (Papa, Mama, and brother.  After Vienna they will also go to Prague and then back home to change suitcases and then off to the Mediterranian coast of Spain for some sun and swimming.

Budapest was a fascinating place for us.  We were committed to come here with no real idea what His plan was for us.  Then I received a text from my daughter asking whether I knew my brother in the Lord, Michael and his wife Christy, were in Budapest.  I had no idea.  ( Michael also is my nephew. ). So through the modern marvel of computers we connected and were able to meet in Budapest. He turned out to be our miracle.  And we had a great time exploring what is happening in the Kingdom of God.  We all look forward to seeing what else Jesus will do through this connection.

In Vienna, once again, we have no clue about what Holy Spirit has in mind.  It is an adventure.  










1 comments:

Shannon Dee Bailey said...

so glad you got to hook up with your nephew Michael. That's awesome!

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.