Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

OUCH -- That Hurt

Do you remember that verse ?  "Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a great fall."  

Just a few days ago I commented on my Facebook page that I was about to take a nap in the airport.  If I recall correctly it was while I was passing through Singapore and had an 11 hour layover in the airport.  One of my loving friends pointed out the  dangers of taking airport naps.  He was concerned that he might miss his flight because he slept through the boarding time.

How silly, I thought.  No one would ever do that.

Clearly, Papa God thought I needed to not be so quick to dismiss the wisdom of those that love me.  This morning, I fell asleep.  And I was so deeply asleep that I did not notice that the time to board my plane had come and gone.  

By God's grace it turned out to be a simple problem to solve.  Papa's fine for my foolish pride was only 190.00 Euros.  By his grace it did not even change my arrival time in Sczcecin where my friend plans to meet me at the airport.  It only moved 2 hours of my waiting time from Warsaw to Paris.  But, the foolish pride might have cost much much more.

I am so grateful for a Father's love that teaches us gently when we are willing to learn.  It is better to be disciplined by a warning than by a difficulty.  I could have learned from the warning sent through my friend.  It is also better to be disciplined by a difficulty than a disaster.  I pray I will remember this lesson and not require Father to teach it on a harsher level.

How do you choose to have Papa discipline you?  Every son whom he loves he disciplines.

His, thus Yours,
Stuart

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.