Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Prince of Peace

I know I have been missing in action for a while. I got caught up in the flurry of activities while travelling.  Then my body had the audacity to get sick with a severe cold/uri.  Alas....

A friend who is a gift of God to me and a gifted writer recently sent me the following.  For now, I think she prefers to remain anonymous.

One of my favorite names of Jesus as prophesied in Isaiah 9:6 is Prince of Peace. I am recently awakening to deeper layers and truths about what this means - Who this is.  Prince is an important title because it links Jesus to His divinity: He is God's (the King's) son. But peering further, we can also see that a Prince is anyone who is chief of or preeminant in a class or arena. Jesus holds the keys to Peace. In any and all moments of our lives, we can open our hands and receive His peace. All things are His. All good comes from Him. All glory returns to Him. If we live our moments with open hands, acknowledging that they are from Him, through Him, and for Him, then we will experience the peace that transcends our understanding of our circumstances. We will receive the Prince of Peace Himself. And He will receive us....a continuous offering, pleasing and beautiful. Our moments will be transformed and hallowed. And thus our lives will be transformed. It only takes one breath to say "from Him, through Him, for Him."
May this habit of prayer become our overarching reality. ---  Anonymous

As you ponder this remember also what we shared about our peace as a weapon of our warfare.

His, thus Yours,
Stuart

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.