Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Where is Our Center ?

This is actually a reposting of and old blog entry.  However, in light of issues that I have been seeing in the Bride of Christ far too frequently,  I am quite sure Father wants me to re-post it today.  

One of my dearest friends recently told me in an email things he had decided to do.  As I was about to click the send button, Father prompted me to offer a copy of my response to you also.

Dear _____________,

Here is the fundamental question with which you must wrestle to a real conclusion:
Does Jesus have the final authority over all your decisions ?

Father God has undertaken to prove to you His love for you.
The Holy Spirit has been speaking with you on a regular basis.
But, the crucial question is whether Jesus is Lord or not.
He has proven himself to be the one who loves and forgives.
He has proven himself to be your provider.
He has healed your body such that despite the destructive stresses you have put on it you are able to function fairly normally.
But, Lordship requires submission in response to His proven love.
Up to this point in your life you have always reserved the right to say no to anything He may ask of you.
It is a power and ability that each of us has.
But, the implication of saying Jesus is Lord is that I have given up that right and said to Him, “Whatever you ask of me I will do it as you give me grace.”
Your growth into the fullness of all that His love would provide for you requires that you allow Him to be Lord with absolutely final authority over all your decisions.  It requires giving up your right to live a self centered life.

All of creation is waiting with anticipation for you to decide.

His, thus Yours,
Stuart

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.