Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Where is My Trust

Wow ! What a great weekend it was. It should have been no surprise that my body wanted to take a nap today.

A Granddaughter graduated with highest honors and has been awarded at least 3 different scholarships to pay for her university education. Another Granddaughter and a son in law each giving outstanding performances at their piano recitals. And my daughter giving birth to my sixth grandchild {second grandson} who is a very peace filled boy destined by God to bring great stabilizing revelations to the Bride of Christ. How much better can one weekend get ? God is great and wonderful !

As I awoke from my nap, I was reveling in these thoughts and giving thanks again. The Holy Spirit reminded me of another time when I was giving him lots of praise and thanks.

It was decades ago when I was first starting a law firm of my own. Now I know that there is a myth that all lawyers are rich. But, it is just a myth. As I was starting the new law office, it was necessary to rent space, buy furniture, hire a secretary, buy a typewriter, a copy machine and a fax machine and find clients long before I could send out bills or expect any money to come into the business.

After enduring the stress of all these expenses with very little income for a few months I was often talking with The Lord about the need for some money. He kept saying He would take care of it. I kept feeling like that was easy for Him to say but I was the one who had to take care of my wife and children.

One day a very large check arrived in the mail. When I picked it up and looked at it I gave a great sigh of relief. I began giving thanks to The Lord. It was then that the Holy Spirit asked me, "Stuart, do you believe more in that piece of paper than you believe in me ?" I wanted to say of course not. But ......

I was beginning to learn how tempting it is to have more confidence in the things God has done than we do in God Himself.

His, thus Yours,

Stuart

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being faithful. This meant a lot to me tonight.

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.