Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Wow ! Level Wisdom

A personal friend of mine who has a desire for privacy wrote the following, addressed to the Lord.  I simply could not have expressed the concepts better.

I started reading Proverbs today because I could definitely use some more wisdom. Solomon, when told that he could have anything he wanted, asked for a discerning heart. LORD, I really want that.

As I was reading Chapter 1, this application stood out to me: ‎"God is more than willing to pour out His heart and make known His thoughts to us. To receive His advice, we must be willing to listen, refusing to let pride stand in our way. Pride is thinking more highly of our own wisdom and desires than of God's. If we think we know better than God or feel we have no need of God's direction, we have fallen into foolish and disastrous pride." I was reminded of how I push You aside a lot when it comes to taking care of others. I assume responsibility and wonder what I can do for them. I never looked at it as pride because I always felt inadequate to do much of anything. But it sure does look like pride to me now.

So many times I have asked you what You would like me to do for someone, and I often hear you say that You want me to let You take care of it.  I never really like that answer, as You know. But after reading one of Papa Stu's blogs the other day and listening to You, I realize that unless You are leading me to do something I need to just be still. Please forgive me for my pride, and for the ridiculous number of times I have pushed You away.  I'm really sorry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.