Welcome

Hi, welcome to my blog. I trust you will find this helpful and encouraging.

Your appropriate comments are welcome. Look for instructions in the Right column below.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

September 22 -- God is Love -- Travel Kraków to Prague


The Scripture teaches us "God is Love."  So let's do a simple little learning exercise together.  Let's take the famous chapter about love, I Corinthians 13, and use simple word substitution to see what it teaches us about God's character.  (Credit to the NASB translation for the basic text.)

​If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have God, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 
If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have God, I am nothing. 
And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have God, it profits me nothing.
God is patient,
God is kind and 
God is not jealous; 
God does not brag and
God is not arrogant, 
God does not act unbecomingly; 
God does not seek God's own, 
God is not provoked, 
God does not take into account a wrong suffered, 
God does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but 
God rejoices with the truth; 
God bears all things, 
God believes all things, 
God hopes all things, 
God endures all things.
God never fails;  ....  

Now, let's pause for a moment to ask ourselves the question, Is this the nature of the God I am expecting as I interact with Him today ?  Or is this just an imaginary God who I have never really met? 

His, thus Yours, 
 Stuart

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very valuable to the Bride and to me.